Recruitment & Company Demographics
- Increase recruiting efforts and support of Historic Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Universities with diverse populations and organizations.
- Integrate HBCUs and Universities that promote diversity into our Leadership Excellence at Penn National Gaming (“LEAP”) Program, which provides hands-on-training, mentoring and real-world experience to new or recent college graduates who are interested in building a long- term career in the gaming industry.
- 20% of all LEAP candidates in 2021 attend HBCUs
- HBCU representation in the LEAP program has grown from 1 school (.6%) in 2020 to 15 in 2021 (9.8%)
- Track adherence to our minority interview initiative, “The Penn Way,” for executive roles at our Company.
- 100% of open executive roles within Penn included either female or ethnically diverse candidates
- 25% of all Penn National team members self-identify as African American
- 18% of all managers self-identify as African American
- 10% of all Penn National team members self- identify as Latino/Hispanic
- 7.6% of all Penn team members identify as Asian Americans
STEM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM WITH HBCUS
Company dedicates over $4 Million to fund STEM scholarships and create internship opportunities at Penn National.
Diversity scholarship fund
The Penn National Gaming Diversity Scholarship program includes a $1 million annual commitment to provide scholarships to the children of our team members. We are committed to promoting equity in higher education by providing opportunities to graduating high school seniors and current college students.